Nvidia GameWorks VR Beta SDK
Nvidia has today announced that their new GameWorks VR Beta SDK is now available in two versions as an SDK for game and application developers, and as an SDK for headset developers
The SDK has been designed to provide developers with improved performance, lower latency and plug-and-play compatibility for virtual reality games and applications.
Offering a set of application programming interfaces, libraries and features. The new beta Nvidia SDK for game and application developers includes:
– VR SLI — increases performance for virtual reality apps where multiple GPUs can be assigned a specific eye to dramatically accelerate stereo rendering. With the GPU affinity API, VR SLI allows scaling for systems with more than two GPUs.
– Multi-Res Shading — an innovative new rendering technique for VR whereby each part of an image is rendered at a resolution that better matches the pixel density of the warped image. Multi-Res Shading uses Maxwell’s multi-projection architecture to render multiple scaled viewports in a single pass, delivering substantial performance improvements.
While the SDK for headset developers provides :
– Context Priority — provides headset developers with control over GPU scheduling to support advanced VR features such as asynchronous time warp, which cuts latency and quickly adjusts images as gamers move their heads, without the need to re-render a new frame.
– Direct Mode — the NVIDIA driver treats VR headsets as head-mounted displays accessible only to VR applications, rather than a normal Windows monitor that your desktop shows up on. This provides better plug-and-play support and compatibility for the VR headset.
– Front Buffer Rendering — enables the GPU to render directly to the front buffer to reduce latency
Nvidia is now taking registration from Application developers who can simply sign up for our GameWorks Registered Developer Program and download the GameWorks VR SDK for free. For more information on the new GameWorks VR Beta SDK jump over to the official Nvidia website for details and to register your interest